Thursday, March 26, 2009

Illegal Aliens

"Behind me I hear hundreds of gasps. I don't move, but I can see them: girls and boys we pass in the halls every day; the mothers in their nice summer dresses and the fathers tapping the rolled up program on their knees; the little brothers and sisters squirming in their seats.
'I'm an illegal alien,' Aisha repeats, harder, faster now." (151)

Wow.
Just wow.
Aisha has out done herself again. I really am happy that she begun to get stronger towards the end of the speech. I mean, literally. Aisha, the big bold person that we used to know, seems to be drifting in and out of herself as in a ghosty type of way, kinda thing.
I think that I was a little disapointed overall by the book.
I never found out what happend to Ali-Uncle (my favorite character) other than he disapears.
And I never find out what happend to Tareq either.
Hmm...I don't know.
I was left just sorta hanging.

No comments:

Post a Comment